Puerto Vallarta Real Estate: Ask A Realtor
SOME OF MY RECENT ARTICLES
I’ve written a number of articles for Banderas Bay News.
- Can You Recommend Fun Things To Do?
- What Makes Puerto Vallarta So Special?
- Vallarta Stars in HGTV’s ‘Beachfront Bargain Hunt’
- Determining the Market Value of Puerto Vallarta Homes
- Mexico’s New President and the Real Estate Market
ALL NEW VIDEO: RELOCATING TO PUERTO VALLARTA
New Video showing information about relocating to Puerto Vallarta.
The Mexican Beaches of Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta may be one beach town, but when it comes to beaches you will have plenty of different stretches of sand to choose from. Keep in mind that Vallarta is located in the state of Jalisco, but it is very close to Nayarit, so some of the best beaches will require that you take a short ride north. Of course you could stay in the downtown area, but a few minutes in a taxi can get you to some amazing places that you should not miss.
Playa los Muertos is not necessarily the place to take most of your pictures at; the truth is that when compared to other beaches in the area the sand and water are just average. What makes this part of Puerto Vallarta special is that it is where you go for some fun, and that it is located downtown. You will find night spots here as well as restaurants and the Malecon. The place is full of joggers early in the morning and the sunset can be appreciated from here as you would in most of the town. There is an undertow here so be careful if swimming. Parasailing rides and banana boat rides are also available at Playa los Muertos.
Playa Olas Altas – Name translates to High Waves Beach, but the truth is that you will not find the high waves here that you would in places like Acapulco and Puerto Escondido. Still there are good waves for body boarding, especially when you get close to the Cuale River to the north. You will find a smaller number of sunbathers here, but you should still visit because there are other sources of entertainment. Good restaurants with food fresh out of the ocean are common at Playa Olas Altas so bring your appetite.
Playa Escondida is not in Puerto Vallarta; in fact it belongs to the state of Nayarit, but you will not be able to take a bus or drive there. That is because Playa Escondida is part of the Marieta Islands and the only way to get there is by hiring one of the “lanchero” boats on the shore. The ride is well worth it as the hidden beach is probably one of the most beautiful beaches you will ever lay your eyes upon. Sea life is protected here as fishing and hunting are not allowed. This is the place where you will definitely want to bring your camera, so make sure that you have it before you go on your way.
El Anclote is the beach that you go to if you are looking to surf on your trip to Puerto Vallarta. The Anclote is located in Punta Mita and it is not recommended for weak swimmers or children. You can rent surf boards and other equipment here, but the beach is a little more taken care of. That means that vendors or boat owners are not necessarily at the beach where you would usually find them, but rather at official stands. This Mexican beach is also the best one in the area to catch the sunset, so bring the camera with you.
Advantages of Relocating to Puerto Vallarta
Located on the Bay of Banderas in Jalisco, Mexico is the resort city of Puerto Vallarta, a town known for it’s fun, sun, beautiful landscape and friendly residents. In fact, it’s often said that Puerto Vallarta is the friendliest town and has even been given such a distinction, internationally recognized as one of the leading places to relocate.
Expats from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom have chosen to call Puerto Vallarta home; and, with plenty of good reasons. It’s not just the warm weather, with balmy breezy summers and mild winters, or the fact it’s location is ideal for traveling back and forth to the states, it’s because the town has so much more to offer.
THE EXCITING YET TRANQUIL LIFESTYLE OF PUERTO VALLARTA
There’s a lot to see and do, not only within the city, but beyond into the mountains and down the coast. What’s great about this particular town is it’s growth. It isn’t a big city, it’s a resort community and, it has plenty of economic drivers which means it offers a tropical lifestyle with modern amenities.
Residents here enjoy the gorgeous beach one day and can venture into the mountains the next. There are a number of festive occasions and much to do in outdoor activities. Condo communities in Puerto Vallarta feature the best in creature comforts, and many have on-site amenities such as a spa, pool, fitness center, and tennis court. What’s more, the communities are typically gated, with 24 hour security.
ADVANTAGES OF LIVING IN PUERTO VALLARTA
While the many creature comforts and activities, as well as laid back lifestyle are wonderful, there are still more reasons so many people have relocated from the United States to Puerto Vallarta. Tourists who visit the city quickly learn why it’s such an attractive place to live:
- Cost of living. Living in the United States can be expensive, especially during retirement. The cost of owning property can be a very big burden. However, property in Puerto Vallarta is quite inexpensive comparably to the US. What’s more, people can get more home for less money, yet still live in one of the most tranquil, beautiful places on the planet.
- Less monthly expense. Saving money goes beyond the price of property in Puerto Vallarta. Utilities are also less expensive in the area. Because of the city’s location, residents use less energy and since the condo communities are newer, they are more efficient.
- Health care is readily available, and less expensive. Unlike the United States, getting to see a physician isn’t complicated and, it costs less.
- Business friendly environment. In contrast to many cities and states in the US, the town, indeed the state of Jalisco and the country of Mexico is quite business friendly. Several people who have relocated to Puerto Vallarta have started their own business and are reaping the benefits.
- All in one. Residents here can choose to go to the beach or take to the ocean and dive or fish. The mountains are a wonderful place to spend a day, and, the city has a lively urban environment.