In the past few decades, earthquakes in Puerto Vallarta have rarely caused damage or injury but they will create a true flurry of comment in all sorts of media. In the past year there have been a total of seven earthquakes, ranging in magnitude from 4.0 – 6.2 and within seconds, social media gets very busy describing the tremor.
It is, however, prudent to know what one should do in the case of temblors.
Primarily, do not wait to see how “bad” it’s going to get. Act immediately. If you try walking, in all likelihood you’ll end up on the ground anyway, so get down on your hands and knees. The earth moves under your feet, literally. It shakes in a back and forth movement with such intensity that you are bound to be jerked off balance. Books, tchotchkes and other unsecured objects could fall or even fly through the air. Preparedness courses use a code:
- Do not run outside. Electrical wires and falling objects can kill you and are easy to avoid.
- Do not stand in a doorway. Contrary to what was taught mid-century, the passage through a door is not any stronger than anywhere else in a structure. Unless you are in a complete adobe house, which is certainly unlikely (have you seen the amount of rebar used in this country?)
- Do not follow Triangle of Life information even though you have been advised to by self-described bright thinkers on Facebook. By the time you have found a piece of furniture that fits the description of said triangle, chances are you will have been tossed to the ground and not able to reach it at any rate. You could have been taking care of yourself in the meantime by doing the following:
- As we said, Get Down on Your Hands and Knees. You can move much better at this level than in an erect position on two feet.
- Pray, if you are so inclined, and Cover Your Head and Neck with your hands and arms. If there is a table or desk you can scoot under, better yet and
- Hold On to your chosen shelter (table or desk leg perhaps) and congratulate yourself for keeping up with yoga lessons that have enabled you to emulate a pretzel.
- By the time you have done all this, the seismic activity will be over and you can sit up, pull out your phone and be the first to post on Facebook, asking your friends if they felt anything.
Que es cómo es.
Thanks to our Guest Blogger Adam Garcia for this great article!
Here are a few of our guiding principals at Boardwalk Realty:
“First of all, we really want to get to know you,” When we know you, we can tailor home tours to your tastes.”
Secondly, there’s the legal side of owning in Mexico. “Besides our own experience, we can save you a lot of time and money by offering you complimentary consultations with our partner attorneys. The nuances of how you buy here can save you a lot of money when you sell. It’s important to know what you’re doing on the purchase so that when you sell you can best use any tax advantages. This service is free to our clients and can be invaluable.”
Both partners agree that the most important element of Boardwalk Realty is our ongoing service and commitment to our clients after the sale. We are both passionate about protecting the investment and security of our clients. “Our clients become our friends, we see them socially, and we treat them as we would like to be treated ourselves”, adds Mike.
Boardwalk Realty Puerto Vallarta represents buyers and sellers of real estate in the entire Bay of Banderas area, and will soon add a rental and property management division.
See Centro Vallarta MLS Listings Here
[idx_listing_summary title=”Condo Listings in La Cruz & Bucerias” link=”12colszvaujg” source=” location” property_type=”A” display=”all” sort=”recently_changed”]